Yep, not a full, long recap this time. Just thoughts and some cuteness.
This should save us time. (My recaps take 2 days to complete, not even kidding. So, this is delightfully easier for me and much shorter for those who’d been reminding me the length of my recaps, I hope.)
Let’s get to it:
- Whoa. Hello there, what I’d like to call “Morning gymnastics with Jamie Fraser”. (Also a visually beautiful scene.) I tried to cap it but died trying. How dare you, Jamie
Alexander Adorable Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser.
- Murtagh’s getting more and more distracting with his fabulous hair and eyebrows combo. I don’t think I pay him enough compliments. Please remember, he’s not a model. (Call Ned Gowan for bookings)
- Speaking of Ned, isn’t he the cutest? (I really don’t care about the Duke, Claire warned them about his relationship with Jack Douchebag and they’re discussing or something, whatever.)
- Claire on the move.
- Leeeeeerie hey! Sup? By any chance did you try to kill me and steal MY HUSBAND?
- “He’s mine.” Laoghaire (Leerie), you’re gonna get slapped.
- *Sigh* Clearly, Jamie should’ve said â€œGurl, ME LOVE CLAIREâ€. Letting her down easy doesn’t seem to be working.
- Wow, when you meet a very naked friend summoning Mother Nature at night maybe you shouldnâ€™t watch. (Manners)
- Yeah, Claire, just join her.
- Now theyâ€™re talking about her nipples. OK.
- Of course the baby is Dougal’s. Everybody, hide yer wives.
- Aww, this friendship is mostly based on their shared weirdness but still.
- A babyâ€™s crying in the misty forest. Letâ€™s search for the source. Obviously, nothing bad can come from it.
- They kill babies “because reasons”, Jamie explains.
- When in doubt, put a dead baby in a tree.
- Dougal throwing a tantrum. Sad, I think. Angus and Claire agree.
- The Duke is fabulously annoying. But Claire has upped her game. (Yes, that’s a cartoon crown on her head but everything looks good on her.)
- Duke’s obsessed with Jamie. Can you blame him?
- No one can resist Jamieâ€™s charm. *softly touches his face through the screen*
- A duel. Of course. A day’s never complete unless Jamieâ€™s life is in danger.
- Guess what, MacKenzies and whatever these dudebros are, they are enemies. Huh, shocking.
- Jamie, this might not be the best time for â€œYour momâ€ jokes.
- Of course they fight.
- Claire silently patching up Jamie as he keeps talking.
- Jamieâ€™s worried Claireâ€™s not scolding him. â€œQuiet anger can be very effective.â€
- Geillis’ husband is dead. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FARTS, GOODBYE.
- Yeah, she does look very sad.
- Colum is everything I love. â€œIâ€™m not asking you anything you half-wit. Iâ€™m ordering you.â€
- Dougal: He had gas problems, bro.
- I want Columâ€™s laughter as my ringtone, ending with an insult. â€œHa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha half-wit!â€
- Okay now Colum youâ€™re being harsh. Let the man have some love in his life because well, trust me on this.
- â€œYou will not speak until youâ€™re spoken toâ€ + Jamieâ€™s face = Another â€œYou little shitâ€ moment with Jamie and Colum. (I live for these because of Jamie’s reactions mostly.)
- Colum’s being a bully right now. Honestly F. U. Iâ€™m actually sad for Dougal.
- Separating Claire and Jamie is a bad move. Colum, say goodbye to your fanbase (me).
- Dougal wants some lovin. So envious of Claire & Jamie kisses. And that was a hell of a kiss. Donâ€™t go, Jamie.
- Jamieâ€™s advising Claire to stay away from Geillis. I wonder how that will work out.
- Oh, didnâ€™t really work out after all. Shocking.
- So the dudes are there to get Geillis but then they see Claire and of course they decide, “Oh, let’s take this one too.” Great. Amazing.
- We meet again, Leerie. I wish this was the last time and I wish you’d just stop in general. I understand how much it would wound someone to know they lost their chance with Jamie. But YOU MUST STOP.
Remember my campaign from last recap #LeaveClaireAlone ?
Yeah, I know it’s never gonna happen. We should all get used to this constant state of danger.
At the same time, I’m excited about the trial business. Bring it on, show!